Application by Talent Search Assessment
Participating students will have the opportunity to take the Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT). This test is an excellent indicator of outstanding mathematical and verbal reasoning ability, as well as writing skills, at a young age.
In order to be eligible to participate in Talent Search, students must be:
- Aged between 12 and 16 years
- Must attend secondary school in Ireland
- Have a recommendation from a parent or teacher to take part
- Or present evidence of notable achievement at regional or national level in a competition, reflecting high ability in an academic area, e.g. Young Scientist of the Year competition
- Or present a recent standardised aptitude or achievement test report showing a 95th percentile or higher national percentile score, relating to mathematical and/or verbal reasoning abilities (e.g. Drumcondra Reasoning test)
Previous Talent Search qualifiers have been shown to have some of the following characteristics:
- Outstanding aptitude in either mathematical or verbal reasoning, or both.
- Excellent ability in written work and/or spoken vocabulary.
- Exceptional interest in one particular area of knowledge or speciality.
- Enjoys intellectual challenge and possesses an ability to work things out in their head.
- Lively and original imagination.
The PSAT is developed by College Board™, which is based in the United States of America. Our test papers are scored in the US. It thus takes ~6 weeks for test results to be sent to students following the exam. For more details on the PSAT, please go to http://www.collegeboard.com.
The Talent Search fee is €50.
2016 Talent Search - Assessment Dates
TALENT SEARCH 2016 takes place on three dates:
- Saturday, 23rd January 2016 (closing date for receipt of Talent Search application Friday, November 20th, 2015)
- Saturday, 20th February 2016 (closing date for receipt of Talent Search application Friday, 22nd January, 2016)
Fee Waiver Scheme
CTY Ireland, in association with MOP Matheson Ormsby Prentice, Ireland's largest law firm.
Students can avail of free fees to participate in the CTYI Talent Search. We are working in conjunction with DCU Access Service so preference will be given to students from North Dublin designated disadvantaged schools, please contact CTY Ireland at 01 700 5634 or email@example.com for more information.
Application by Psycological Assessment
Students who have been assessed independently by a psychologist may submit their report for consideration.
When sending in a Psychological Assessment, please attach a covering letter and include the following:
- Name of the Student
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) name(s)
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Class in school
- School currently attended*
- Parent Email
- Home phone number
- Parents' mobile numbers
*Please note this is for our own records only. We will not contact schools without first contacting parents for approval.