Attract Top Talent
Do you need support for specific projects or require additional resources at certain times of the year? Would you like an opportunity to train and evaluate potential future employees? If the answer is yes, you might consider hiring a DCU INTRA student as a temporary resource without adding a permanent payroll cost. Our ambitious, energetic students can bring their specialist skills and knowledge to your company and contribute effectively to your business. They are work-ready and motivated to perform to a high level. Please read our Employer Guidelines [pdf] if you would like to know more.
Courses with an INTRA Placement
Many undergraduate and some postgraduate courses at DCU require students to complete a mandatory internship which is fully assessed. The start date and duration of the internship varies from course to course. Please review the INTRA Calendar [xls] for an overview of the courses, internship dates and recruitment period. If you would like to review specific course information, please click on the relevant link below:
- SCIENCE & MATHEMATICS - Click Here to View Science and Maths Programmes with INTRA
- COMPUTING & ENGINEERING - Click Here to View Computing and Engineering Programmes with INTRA
- BUSINESS STUDIES & JOURNALISM - Click Here to View Business and Journalism Programmes with INTRA
Please call or email us to discuss your requirements; see contacts below. Our office can provide individualised assistance to make your recruiting efforts successful. We look forward to partnering with you!
| Maeve Long
Nora O Brien
Computing, Engineering & Aviation
Science & Mathematics
Business & Journalism
Marketing & Psychology
Interested? Here's how to Get Started
- Prepare a short job description or spec., include a brief overview of the company, role, duties, skills required and salary. Email the spec. to the appropriate team member (see above) and indicate the courses(s) and placement period(s) of interest
- We will advertise your spec. to the relevant class groups at the appropriate time and students will be invited to apply
- CVs of interested students will then be forwarded for your consideration
- We will contact you to see if you would like to set up interviews and if so...
- We will organise interviews directly with the students on your behalf to suit your schedule. Interviews can take place in our purpose-built interview rooms at DCU or at the company premises
- After interview, you will communicate the decision on the successful candidate(s) to the INTRA office
- The successful student(s) will informed and removed from all other pending interviews
Top Tip: As students are in demand each year and must accept their first offer, we advise setting up interviews and making a decision on the successful candidate(s) as quickly as possible. This will help to reduce the possibility of your chosen candidate(s) being placed with another employer in the meantime. Please read our Employer Guidelines [pdf] for full information on the process.