How can the Research and Innovation Support Office help you?
RIS supports the research and innovation activity of the university by supporting staff in identifying sources of funding, provision of coaching to develop European funding bids and links with enterprise, and management of pre- and post-award stages of grant awards.
We encourage staff to contact us to discuss potential applications, seek advice on proposal preparation, and critically, liaise with us regarding costing and pricing of research proposals.
Our services also include:
- Co-ordination of contract review and other legal requirements;
- Institutional research contract approval
- Review and/or provision of Collaborative Research Agreements for collaborative projects with Industrial or Academic partners.
- Establishing inter-institutional arrangements for the transfer of funds to research collaborators at other institutions
- Provision of ethical approval process through the university Research Ethics Committee
- Provision of management information on research.
- Point of contact for external organisations seeking access to DCU Research.
The RIS Office provides a key support to the DCU Research Community and will be instrumental in enabling the goals outlined in the DCU Strategy for Research and Innovation.
The DCU Strategy for Research and Innovation is one of the component strategies of the DCU's strategic plan "Transforming Lives and Societies". Further information regarding the DCU Strategy for Research and Innovation can be found below.
|DCU Strategy for Research and Innovation|
|The brochure ‘A fresh vision for research and innovation at DCU’ summarises our goals for research and innovation at DCU and outlines the activities that will ensure the fulfillment of the University’s vision, that by 2017 DCU will be recognized internationally as a research-intensive university of enterprise with a focus on translating knowledge into benefits for society and the economy.|