Research Support Services, in conjunction with the Graduate School and DCU Invent, provide a professional advice and support to staff and researchers at DCU with a range of activities associated with internal, external research funding and international collaborations.
The services provided include:
- Provision of information on internal and external funding opportunities;
- Support and advice with preparing grant applications;
- Advice and assistance with costing and pricing research proposals;
- Approval and submission of grant applications;
- Co-ordination of contract review and other legal requirements;
- Institutional research contract approval
- Review and/or provision of Collaborative Research Agreements for collaborative projects with Industrial or Academic partners.
- Establishing inter-institutional arrangements for the transfer of funds to research collaborators at other institutions
- Advice and support throughout the duration of a grant;
- Provision of ethical approval process through the university Research Ethics Committee
- Provision of management information on research;
- Provision of subsidized DCU laboratory Notebooks
- Audit Liaison.
- Point of contact for external organisations seeking access to DCU Research.
The Research and Innovation Support team is organised by funding agency responsibility, further details are available online.