Procedure for requesting ambulance assistance on campus
Transport to Hospital following First Aid Review
Where, in the opinion of a DCU First Aider, a student or a member of staff should attend a Hospital A&E Department the following procedures apply;
Where emergency ambulance assistance is required
Dial 5999 (DCU Security Emergency Line) and notify Security that an ambulance is required. Inform Security which building (and which room in the building) the ambulance should attend, and what the nature of the emergency is.
Security will elicit from caller any further details required for Emergency Services, and will request a contact phone number for first aider.
If First Aider wishes to contact the emergency services directly
- Dial 7999 from any internal phone or 0 (for outside line) then 999 – you will be connected to the emergency services directly
- Ask for an Ambulance to attend Dublin City University Campus, Collins Ave, Dublin 9. Specify which building the casualty is in (Henry Grattan, Sports Complex etc).
- Request that the ambulance enter the Campus from Collins Avenue and report to DCU Main Reception where security will be awaiting its arrival.
- Dial 5999 (DCU Security Emergency Line) and notify Security that an ambulance is on its way. Inform Security which building (and which room in the building) the ambulance should attend, and what the nature of the emergency is.
- Security will meet the ambulance at Reception and accompany it (or direct it, if after hours) to the designated building.
- If possible have someone wait at the entrance to the building to take the ambulance personnel directly to the casualty