The Centre for Talented Youth, Ireland provides enrichment courses for students with high academic ability. The Centre also offers university style courses for students of all ages and abilities.
CTY Ireland aims to allow all talented students to reach their potential both academically and socially by providing relevant and interesting challenges based on ability and interest rather than age.
CTY Ireland was established at Dublin City University in 1992 to meet the needs of high ability students aged 6 to 17 years from Ireland and abroad. Since the first summer programme in 1993 over 35,000 students have attended or participated in programmes run by CTY Ireland.
CTYI has launched our newest publication: Providing for the Special Needs of Students with Gifts and Talents. The book is now available for purchase from the CTYI offices. A copy can be purchased by phone at a cost of €15.
In this collection of new essays, international experts in gifted education share their insight and experience, covering topical issues such as:
- curriculum development
- environmental influences that affect gifted children
- the provision of inclusive services at the local and national level
- networking for talented youth
- in- and out-of-school programmes
- working with very young advanced learners
- facilitating gifted students from low-income backgrounds
- supporting positive psychological growth and development
- motivating gifted students
Drawing on decades of academic research and professional experience, Providing for the Special Needs of Students with Gifts and Talents is essential reading for parents, educators and anyone who wants to make a difference in the lives of children with great potential.