Dublin City University International Foundation Programme
Dublin City University (DCU) offers a university pathway foundation programme at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. The programmes are designed to prepare students for the full time Undergraduate Bachelor programme of Postgraduate Master programme at DCU. Students can study for either one or two semesters, depending on their level of English language competency. We offer start dates in September, February and June. The programmes are delivered on the DCU Campuses in Dublin, Ireland and students will be registered students of DCU and can avail of the world class services and facilities of the university.
DCU is partnering with EduCo, who will assist you in your application to the foundation programme.
Academic entry requirements
Students are generally expected to have met the academic entry requirements of their chosen Bachelor or Master degree programme that they wish to study at DCU, i.e.
- For Undergraduate study: You must present with excellent results from a high school qualifications equivalent to Ireland’s school-leaving certificate. English and Mathematics must have been studied.
- For Postgraduate study: You must present with excellent results from an Honours Bachelor degree in a relevant subject from a recognised university.
English language entry requirements
If you have:
IELTS: Overall score of 5.5 or above (with no component less than 5.0)
Total Score of 46-59
You may study for 2 semesters (start dates in September or February)
If you have:
IELTS: Overall score of 6.0 or above (with no component less than 5.5)
Total Score of 60-78
You may study for 1 semesters (start dates in February or June)
Tuition fees for 2017/18 entry
International Foundation Programme (Postgraduate) – 2 semesters €13000, 1 semester €6500
International Foundation Programme (Undergraduate) – 2 semesters €12700, 1 semester €6350
How to apply:
- Identify the Bachelor degree or Master degree programme at DCU that you wish to study.
- Contact EduCo to submit your application on KAREN.DAVID@EDUCOGLOBAL.COM and receive advice on the appropriate foundation programme for you.
- Your application will be assessed and if approved you will receive an offer to study on both the Foundation programme and Bachelor degree or Master degree programme at DCU.
- Your place on the Bachelor or Master degree programme at DCU is guaranteed upon successful completion of your Foundation programme.