Migration Email Configuration
Once you begin the migration process as detailed further down this page under 'Migrate Now', your email will be configured as detailed below.
- Incoming DCU email will continue to be scanned by for spam and virus' (spam.dcu.ie).
- Spam quarantine messages will continue to be sent to your new DCU Apps email account.
- Your new DCU Apps email account will perform a second layer of spam and virus filtering.
- Some spam messages missed by the old spam system may appear in your spam folder in the new DCU Apps email account.
- Webmail Settings
- All settings in the old webmail will be removed (autoforward, send copy, out of office, filters) and login access to the old webmail will disabled.
- All settings must now be configured in the new DCU Apps email account (out of office, filters etc.). We do not recommned sending copies of DCU email to external accounts such as yahoo, hotmail or standard gmail.
- Email Access
- New email will no longer arrive in your old DCU email account.
- All new incoming mail will be auto-forwarded to your new DCU Apps email account.
- All existing emails will be copied from the old webmail account to the new DCU Apps email account (can take approximately 48 hours).
- You can then access and search all your email from any web browser on any device (Chrome is recommended).
- Local Mail
- You still have access to your old local email through your desktop client (Thunderbird, Outlook, Apple Mail etc) if you wish to check anything regarding the success of the copy and migration process.
- There is no need for local mail in the future - all your email is stored online in the new DCU Apps mail account.