Join the team for our Access Telethon this November!
Interested in part-time work this November? Do you enjoy talking on the phone? If so, we want you to help us fundraise for the DCU Access Scholarship Programme.
The DCU Educational Trust is looking for enthusiastic undergraduate students to be part of our telethon campaign this winter. Student callers will talk to our graduates about exciting developments taking place on campus and ask them to support the DCU Access Programme. Last year, the generosity of our alumni helped over 1,285 students to receive Access Scholarships and we want this to continue with your help.
Student callers will speak with DCU graduates, introduce the DCU Annual Fund and ask graduates if they would like to make a donation. Full training will be provided and is compulsory—but don't worry you do get paid! A script will help you as a general guide; however, it is your own interpersonal skills that we rely on.
Being a telethon caller is a great opportunity for you to find out what DCU alumni have gone on to do with their education. We will try to match you with graduates who have shared interests or have studied the same subjects.
The telethon will take place from Monday 6th November to Saturday 25th November 2017. Students must be available to work three evening shifts per week and to attend two full days of training which will take place on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th November 2017.
- Ability to work evening and weekend shifts. Calling will be done on campus from 6pm to 9.30pm from Monday to Friday and on Saturdays from 10am to 5pm.
- Good work ethic
- Affection for the University
- Act as an ambassador for DCU.
- Have a good knowledge of DCU, i.e. have studied at the university for at least one year.
- Reliability and punctuality essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Great listener
- Target driven
- Energetic, friendly and enthusiastic
- Self-confidence to ask for donations and to negotiate over the telephone
- Adaptability to work in a team as well as independently
- Able to build a rapport easily with graduates
- Wages: €9.25/hour
- Experience and references for your CV to help set you apart from others in the job market.
- Gain experience of teamwork, fundraising and marketing
- Learn valuable transferable skills such as negotiation, diplomacy and communication in a business environment for your future career
- Prizes and incentives are awarded based on effort and attainment. Good effort will also be rewarded with an invitation to other campaigns and events
- The work will be rewarding, challenging and good fun
- It is a great opportunity to speak to people who are already successful in your chosen field and to find out how DCU has helped them
- You will also be contributing to the development of your university by asking for donations to support our fundraising campaign
To find out more or to apply by Friday 6th October 2017, click on the button below: